Sunday, July 14, 2019
Most people we see have spinal related pain – this means neck, upper back and lower back pain; a lot do gain benefit from treatment:
However, many people are surprised when we tell them that we can help other areas of the body just as effectively. We always consider the whole body when it comes to treating an area of pain; especially when it comes on for no apparent reason. There are often factors that predispose the pain – this can be a restricted joint, a weaker than optimal muscle, your sleeping patterns, and whether you’re particularly under stress at that point in time. It’s all important and it’s all relevant.
The Advertising Standards Agency (who are responsible for setting the gold standard for what healthcare professionals say they can treat) are confident that osteopathy is effective in treating the following:
- Arthritic pain
- Circulatory problems
- Digestion problems
- Frozen shoulder/ shoulder and elbow pain/ tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis) arising from associated musculoskeletal conditions of the back and neck, but not isolated occurrences
- Headache arising from the neck (cervicogenic)
- Joint pains
- Joint pains including hip and knee pain from osteoarthritis as an adjunct to core OA treatments and exercise
- General, acute & chronic backache, back pain
- Generalised aches and pains
- Migraine prevention
- Minor sports injuries
- Muscle spasms
- Tension and inability to relax
- Rheumatic pain
- Uncomplicated mechanical neck pain
Unsure whether you can be treated with your condition?
Although very gentle, there are some occasions where osteopathic treatment isn’t suitable for an individual. If this is the case, we will advise you what route will provide you with the most benefit and this may include referring you to your GP for a check-up.
If you have a long-standing condition or are under the care of you GP, it may be worth checking with them or giving us a ring before booking. As Allied Health professionals (currently in England, Scotland soon!) osteopaths are in a fantastic position to work with other health care professionals to facilitate the best possible care for your condition.
Book in at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call: 0141 9420629
0141 942 0629